This Policy is not applicable to any partners, advertisers, vendors, or other third parties that appear on our Site or who link to or from our Site. Any and all information provided to these third parties is not subject to this Policy and we encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Please read this Policy carefully before using the Site or submitting personal information to us. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE, YOU CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION AS SET FORTH IN THIS POLICY.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any time. In the event we make material changes to the Policy, we will provide notice through the Site. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting to the Site and will apply to your use of the Site after the “effective date” listed above. You understand and agree that your continued use of the Site after the effective date means that the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information is subject to the updated Policy. Except to the extent we receive your authorization or as permitted or required by applicable law, we will handle your data in accordance with the terms of the Policy in effect at the time of the collection.
Information We Collect
We may collect personal information that we collect directly or indirectly. This information is used to carry out our business, to comply with laws, and for other purposes described herein.
a)Information We Collect DirectlyWe may collect some or all of the following when you contact us, register/login, place an order, complete a survey, participate in a promotion, book an event, subscribe for news and offers, or apply for a job:
- Your name
- Your birthday
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your address
- Your password
- Your organization name and address
- Your payment information and billing details
- Any information you include in comments
- Any shipping instructions
- The above information for any gift recipients
If you place an order for delivery to or pick-up by a third party, we may also collect, in addition to the above information:
- The contact information for the third party
b) To monitor utilization of the Site and continuously improve its quality, we may compile statistical information concerning the usage of the Site using analytics services. Examples of this information would include: the number of visitors to the Site, or to sections or pages within the Site, patterns of traffic flowing through the Site, length of time spent on the Site, or in sections or pages of the Site, the other sites that refer visitors to the Site, the pages of the Site that visitors frequently use as entry and exit points, utilization of the browser and operating systems and versions used by visitors to the Site, methods used to browse away from the page, any phone number used to call our customer service number, and location information. The analytics services may transfer this information to third parties in case of a legal obligation or if a third party processes data on behalf of that service.
To compile this information, we may collect and store:
- Your IP address
- Your operating system and platform
- Your browser type and version
- The time zone setting of your device
- Browser plug-in types and versions
- The pages you visit within the Site
- Your data provider
- The length of time you spend on pages within the Site
- The site from which you linked to ours
- Search terms you used in search engines that resulted in you linking to the Site, etc.
While all of this information can be associated with the IP address your computer had while you visited the Site, it will not be associated with you as an individual, or associated with any other information you may submit through the Site, or that we may store about you for any other purposes. We may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
Cookies and Similar Technology
We may use technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs, and web beacons that automatically collect certain information from you.
A cookie is a small file consisting of letters and numbers. This file uniquely identifies and recognizes your browser or device and transmits information back to the server. Depending on the cookie type, it may perform functions such as remembering the contents of your shopping cart or your preferences, improving the quality of your visit, recording the website pages you view, remembering the name or address you entered during a visit, or delivering ads that are targeted to your interests and browsing activity.
b)Embedded Content and Social Media Widgets
The Site contains embedded content (e.g., videos) and Social Media Widgets (e.g., Instagram, Twitter). Embedded content may place third-party cookies on your device that track your online activity to enhance your experience or assess the success of their application. Social Media Widgets allow us to integrate social media functions into the Site. These widgets may place third-party cookies on your device for tracking and advertising purposes. We have no direct control over the information these cookies collect, and you should refer to their website privacy policies for additional information.
c) Controlling Cookies
IMPORTANT: By using the Site, you consent to the processing of any personal information for the analytics purposes and functions described above.
Do Not Track
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can set in your Internet search browser that sends a signal to a website that you do not want the website operator to track certain browsing information about you. However, because our Site is not configured to detect Do Not Track signals from a user’s computer, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track requests.
We track Site users over time and across third-party websites.
How We Use Your Personal Information
In general, we will use the personal information we collect about you only for the purpose it was collected, for compatible purposes, as permitted or required by law, as necessary to carry out our contractual duties and obligations, and as otherwise provided in this Policy. For example, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To enable your use of the Site and allow you to register or place an order.
- To provide you with the information, products, and services that you request or express interest in.
- To inform you of your order status or send you special offers, promotions, and surveys.
- To provide customer support.
- To communicate with you, including sending messages about changes to or availability of our Site, security, or other service-related issues. (You may change your communication preferences at any time. Please be aware that you cannot opt out of receiving service messages from us, including security and legal notices.)
- To monitor usage of the Site.
- To facilitate any job application you make to us or send you job alerts (please note that our collection and processing of your resume or related information is not an employment offer or contract between us and will not create any relationship between you and us).
- For analytics and improvement.
- For our research and development efforts, including customer service surveys.
- For other everyday business purposes such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, contract management, IT and website administration and security, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance, and public safety purposes.
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively to you and your device.
- For marketing and advertising, including showing ads on the Site using data from advertising technologies such as web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and device identifiers; to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we provide; to deliver relevant advertising to you; or for interest-based advertising
Disclosure of Information
In general, we will not disclose your personal information except with your consent and as described in this Policy. We may disclose your data for the same reasons that we may use it as described in this Policy, which includes disclosing it to our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties, as we deem necessary to carry out those purposes.
a) Third Parties. For example, we may need to use or disclose this information with a member of our group partners or third-party vendors as follows:
- With your consent or as you direct;
- To manage the Site;
- To improve and optimize our Site;
- For cloud storage or IT services;
- For the performance of obligations arising from any contract we enter into with you;
- To process payments and requests for products and services;
- To provide you with products, services, offers, promotions, etc.;
- To engage in marketing activities, such as sharing personal information with our partners to deliver advertisements to our shared customers or to conduct joint marketing activities such as contests or sweepstakes;
- To enhance our services by, among other methods, obtaining assistance with providing more personalized services to you through analytics and other technologies (including, but not limited to, data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, and payment processing);
- To protect our interests and legal rights, such as through responding to subpoenas and defending litigation; and
- To protect against and prevent fraud, illegal activity (such as identifying and responding to incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites and mobile applications), and claims and other liabilities.
We endeavor to choose affiliates and non-affiliates with similar standards to ours regarding the protection of data.
b) Legal Process, Security, Defense, Protection. It is possible that we will need to disclose information about you if required by law, subpoena, or other legal process.
c) Additional Disclosures. We may disclose information about you if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- demonstrate our relationship with you;
- investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or assist law enforcement agencies;
- protect the security or integrity of the Site;
- protect against or investigate fraud;
- investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party allegations or claims; or
- protect the rights and safety of others.
d) Change in Control or Sale. We can share, sell, assign, or license your personal data in connection with certain business transactions, such as a sale, acquisitions, merger, or change in control, or in preparation for any of these events. In such cases, we will take appropriate steps under the circumstances and to the extent possible to ensure that the recipient agrees to provide privacy protections substantially similar to those established by this Policy. Any entity that acquires all or substantially all of the Company’s assets will have the right to continue using your data consistent with this Policy or as otherwise agreed to by you.
In no case will we sell or license your data to third parties, except as set forth above or as required or permitted by law.
Safeguarding of Information
We take reasonable and appropriate steps to safeguard the security of personal information obtained through the Site. This includes using industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring or receiving private consumer data; updating and testing our security technology on an ongoing basis; and restricting access to your personal data to those employees who need to know such data to perform their jobs. However, no system for safeguarding personal or other information is 100% secure. Although we have taken steps to protect your personal information from being intercepted, accessed, used, or disclosed by unauthorized persons, we cannot guarantee the security of our Site or databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We ask that you do your part by maintaining the strict confidentiality of any computer passwords you use to access the Internet or this Site.
Links to Third Parties’ Sites and Third-Party Integrations
We may provide links to websites or resources outside of our Site. We may also provide links to third-party integrations. Third-party integrations are websites or platforms that synchronize with our Site to provide you with additional functionality, tools, or services such as accepting job applications and sending newsletters, chatbots, maps, etc.
You acknowledge and agree we are not responsible for the availability of third-party sites, resources, or integrations and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, goods, services, or other materials on, available through, or provided by such sites, resources, or integrations. We are not responsible for the privacy or other practices of such sites and cannot guarantee the security of personal information that you provide, or is collected by, such sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions on those linked sites.
This Policy is governed by the internal substantive laws of Missouri, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under or out of this Policy shall lie exclusively with the state and federal courts within St. Charles County, Missouri. If any provision of this Policy is found to be invalid by a court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Policy, which shall remain in full force and effect.
If you have any additional questions or comments regarding Grandma’s Cookies on Main’s Policy and use of information, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.